Ezekiel 22:1-30 [So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.]
When you look into the books of Ezekiel chapter 22, you’d see that it is a picture of our present-day reality. There is no difference between clean and unclean, holy and unholy, child of God and unbeliever. It has become very difficult to identify a child of God.
In church, we have taken a position where we fold our arms and watch things go wrong in the society before we begin praying. It’s like we’d know ahead that something would go wrong and wait till it happens before we organize and begin praying – using time meant for other important things.
In the book of Ezekiel, many things were going wrong and God used His prophet to speak to the people. Many people are carried away today by wrong teachings and wrong prophets. The prophets are now being exalted above the others.
Ephesians 4:11 [And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;]
Our sit-don-look attitude is costing us.
We allow the unbelievers to rule over us without realizing that no man can do more than his understanding.
Ephesians 22-30 [So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.]
This scripture has deep reference to us now. God declared a vacancy, not for everybody, but for a man. A man does not refer to the male gender or adult. Man represents you and I – everyone in the Christian-fold. God is looking for a man to occur the position, the vacant seat.
And He is searching for the man to come out from amongst us.
And it is for the man to stand in the gap so God does not destroy the land.
What God is simply saying is: He is looking for the man, woman, brother, sister that can influence the society for God.
We all have platforms – areas of our lives where we can showcase God to the world. Our places of business, work, school etc. we can influence people for Christ. He is looking for one person to stand in these areas, stand for what’s right, stand for the correct precepts, stand for God. In different sectors and fields, God is looking for a man to be His mouthpiece who would operate under the principles of the Kingdom. In the banking sector, finance sector, in law, in the IT industry, in the educational sector etc.
Mediocre people can’t be voices for God.
Wherever God has placed us, He needs us to stand for if we don’t then the structure will crumble.
God is looking for people of influence.
Mediocrity will cause you to sit down without adding value to yourself. Mediocrity will stop you from upgrading yourself. And when this happens you will lose influence. Don’t bury your talent. Ask for more. The Christian should always ask for more. Don’t bury your talent – to some he gave five, to some two and others one. Don’t bury the one you’ve been given; its stupidity and foolishness. Such things should not be mentioned amongst you.
Be a man of influence.
- God, I will not disappoint you. In this generation, in this present time, I will not disappoint you.
- God bring healing upon the church – the church is terribly sick & we plead for healing for the gates of hell cannot prevail.
- God deliver Nigeria from the spirit of the bond woman.
- Luke 1:26 [In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,] In this month of June, the sixth month, I am receiving an angelic visitation. Unto me and my family.
- Luke 1:36 [And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.] Everything that looks impossible in your life, in this sixth month God will turn around.
- Everything that looks impossible in our midst as a church, we agree that all impossibilities will become possible.
- Lord by mercy, everything that has seemed impossible in my life will turn around to possibilities in the name of Jesus.